Friday, January 8, 2016

My Dominican Family - Photo Series [ Denver Portrait Photographer ]

 

It had been a long time since I've visited my family still living in Dominican Republic. I live here in Denver, and well, time flies and before you know it, 15 years go by before you go back to visit.

Once there - and being a photographer and all - I wanted to photograph everything and share quality time with my family, which was hard, because I was traveling with my parents plus my aunt and her husband, and that meant visiting everybody for about an hour and then move on to the next house. I also did a lot of street photography, mostly photographed from the car, because we had very little time to peruse. I will create a second post with the photographs of what I saw from my car and the two road trips we did.

The following portrait series are very personal photos and I am so happy I got to do them. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to photograph every member of my family like I wanted to, but eventually I'll go back again, hopefully with more time to walk around the city, do longer visits, and add more family members to the series.

All the images were created with my Fuji X100s and editing was done with LightRoom 5.





























Until next time! www.florblakephoto.com


30 comments:

  1. Great Job! I Love the one of the girl popping her head out of the window with a huge smile on her face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your trip home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were so happy to get their picture taken!

      Delete
  3. WOW - 15 years! What a wonderful photo documentary! I know how much these types of images are treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that black and white, though!!!! lovely work, I'd love to see them all large and on a wall together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many awesome family members! I love all the portraits here and your love for family. I've heard good things about the Fuji X100s and these photos have confirmed them. Traveling is so much fun, glad to see you could bring your camera with you and get some use of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, the x100s is definitely my go-to travelling camera companion. Sometimes I wish I could zoom, but then I realize that by getting closer I am rewarded with a better shot!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing these photos! So incredible that you got to photograph most all of your family. What a memory to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, what a gift for your family. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great documentation of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhhh these are fabulous! What a gorgeous and beautiful connection from you and your family. It so shows in these images!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! It was so cool that were as happy to see me as I was to see them!

      Delete
  10. OMG These are amazing! I am so glad that you got to go back to Dominican Republic, even after 15 years :) I love all the portraits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna! Now I have to make sure I don't wait too long to go back!

      Delete
  11. Your family is stunning!!! These photos are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are wonderful! Looks like a happy family. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are a happy bunch!

      Delete
  13. these are beautiful! everyone looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are amazing! And it looks so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete