Thursday, August 18, 2016

A Day in the Life of a New York City Unicorn [ Denver Portrait Photographer ]



Photographing Unicorn was definitely a very special treat. It's not everyday that a high profile personality let's you document her life in such an intimate way, I guess I'm just lucky to have had this rare opportunity. 

Unicorn was gracious enough to answer some questions for our delight. Turns out we are both huge coffee lovers and love some of the same empowering music, who would've though?!

Read the interview and enjoy!

What do you do?
You know how they say to be yourself unless you can be a unicorn...?

Give me 5 words to describe you.
Classy, optimistic, happy, sparkly, foodie.

How do you keep inspired?
I love listening to music—people like Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga. They're all so empowering and all about being yourself, so I listen to them a lot. #girlpower

Can you tell us a favorite story of a job you've done. 
I don't know if I have a favorite job story, but I have to say that Halloween is always awesome. I love to go out on the town because I'm surrounded by all sorts of creative creatures. Their jaws never cease to drop when they realize that, well, I really do have the head of a unicorn—it's not a mask. Haha!

What are you most excited about right now?
Soul Cycle! I just can't get enough of their rides. 

What’s your favorite book or movie?
Even though I'm a happy person, I love all things Russian-literature related, so I suppose I'd go with Crime and Punishment.

Favorite quote?
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” ~ Anne Frank

Favorite object in your home?
My Bialetti espresso maker. A girl's gotta have a little pick me up in the morning to keep the sparkles and rainbows going all day!

Favorite hangout?
Is it bad if I admit it's my bed?

Favorite can’t-live-without item?
My espresso maker.

What’s your #1 tip for fellow creative people?
Be yourself. Own it. Be proud of it. I've already got the unicorn part covered. ;-)



































11 comments:

  1. Love it! How fun is this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FLOR! This is so much fun. I absolutely love this series. Everything is super cohesive and you nailed the vision perfectly. Submit these somewhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ashley! I've entered them in a contest, I guess I could submit them to a few blogs too :)

      Delete
  3. Omg! This session is hilarious! I love your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So frigging clever. I hope you won that contest! I voted for you a million times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you so much for voting! We still don't know the results.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Im dying!!!!!!! buwhahahahaha BEST SESSION EVER. The personality is EVERYTHING!!!!! my god you are brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome!!!! I laughed through the whole thing. The bathroom shot!!! This unicorn lives a very full, seemingly fulfilling life and you captured the high points and the lulls of the day so well.

    ReplyDelete